Fall 2018 Update:
Our popular BIRDWATCHING KAYAK TOURS are back!
TOURS: We offer kayaking tours through the fall until October 31st. We have scheduled tours on the weekends, and we're happy to add tours during the week. As always, we do need a reservation so we can ready the equipment and notify your tour guide. Please see our Tours Tab for options.
RENTALS: Although we don't staff our rental shop weekdays in Sept & Oct, we are available & nearby. Give us a call and we can meet you at our spot at the Langley Marina within 20 minutes, although more notice is appreciated. 360-221-0229. We will staff the rental shop on nice weekends. Please see our rentals page for pricing.
Whidbey Locals paddle for less in September & October: We have great paddling weather in the fall so we are offering 10% off tours, rentals and merchandise to residents of Whidbey Island. Use this code when making a reservation online for tours: FALL2018. Offer good now through October 31, 2018. Whidbey billing zip code will be verified upon application.
- A variety of kayak tours for beginner and intermediate explorers.
- Tour sizes that are usually small and intimate, but we welcome large groups too!
- Experienced and friendly guides that choose the best course for that day, so you may be treated to panoramic views of the Cascade Mountains - from Baker to Rainer and all the peaks between, or you may get to see Langley, the Village-By-The-Sea.
- Activities just for night owls: bioluminescent experiences or try paddling by the full moon!
- Critters! Our guests frequently see majestic bald eagles, curious harbor seals, dungeness crab, and great blue herons. Whidbey's eastern shoreline is popular with gray whales in the spring and orca whales cruise all around the island in the fall.
- We also offer kayak and stand-up paddleboard (SUP) rentals. Full day rentals are available for experienced paddlers most of the year and hourly rentals are available during the summertime from our Langley marina location.
Our tours engage all of your senses:
- SMELL the salt from the Salish sea and the woodsy perfume of Douglas firs and cedars
- FEEL the power of the current with your paddle
- LISTEN to eagles' cries and kingfishers' rattles
- SEE mountains, evergreens, beaches, wildlife and small villages
- TASTE have you ever tried fresh seaweed? Yum!
This is what can happen on a Whidbey Island Kayaking tour. This is one of our friendly seals having a good time. Also a good demonstration of how to get up on a kayak if for some reason you end up in the water.